How I Screwed Up Growing Up With Mentors


Mentors are the lifeblood of success.

Mentorship is a huge mistake I made growing up as a child and it is something that I vowed I would never do wrong again.

As a child growing up playing hockey I was blessed to be a very good hockey player but I did not utilize the mentors and the people around me that could've really helped me and taken me to even higher places.

I was very stubborn and a bit egotistical when it came to my own strengths and weaknesses and who I needed to speak with.

I wasn't great at taking feedback but I was very coachable.

It was an odd conundrum that ultimately hindered my success.

In business I vowed I would never make the mistake again.

I would seek out people that were better than I and I would heed their advice and implement it with humble and open eyes and ears.

To get where you need to be you must seek those who have been there and model their success.

You have to seek that mentorship that can get you to where you want to be.

Doing it on your own is a tough tough road and takes a very long time.

Use those shortcuts around you and be smart.

I am a huge believer in working smart and hard not just working hard.

Comments

Popular Posts